My Fitness

Monday, August 14, 2017

wordless book

I've been brainstorming ways to evangelize. Evangelism is a passion of mine even though I am quite ineloquent, inarticulate, always say the wrong thing, and have otherwise never had any effect on turning someone's heart toward Christ. You are reading the typings of history's worst evangelist. (that's special, right??)

So I'm trying to think of ways to make myself suck ever so slightly less and less and maybe even one day be successful. I've read books, THE book, brainstormed techniques, practiced techniques, and then came up with this mini-book idea.

It isn't original to me. Others have made variations of the theme. Charles Spurgeon is accredited with the first. I wanted to specifically redeem the rainbow. Some have stolen the rainbow away from meaning God's Promise and His Faithfulness to instead mean a godless state lacking humility and love.

Starting with the outer bow, the colors represent as following:
GREEN-In the beginning God created and it was good. Genesis 1
BLACK-All have sinned. Romans 3:23
RED-The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7
WHITE-Repent and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped out. Acts 3:19
Yellow or GOLD-Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. Acts 16:31
GREEN-We are created to do good. Ephesians 2:10

As long as the gospel message is there (namely, you need reconciliation through the blood of Christ and he gives it freely etc) the colors are their verses can be switched as best suits the presenter. Maybe it isn't obvious, but since the entirety of Scriptures is for the gospel proclamation there will be multiple options. This is a tool, not dogma. 

I got my pictures off the internet in my mock-up book. My intention is to change my wordless book into a minimal word book almost like a track. I'd like to be able to adhere the verses to a color coded felt book but I haven't done that yet. My felt is upstairs and at 9-months pregnant, I am tired. Going upstairs is hard.

I made these for my kids and if you want a copy I can figure out how to email you my Pages file. 




Thinking about street evangelism I've been toying with the idea of maybe a shirt design or banner design but so far both a really expensive. That's my biggest obstacle in all my ideas is resources. 
I think all my ideas are great, obviously, but I have no way to execute them. I'm not good at talking to people and am not extroverted. Even my best friend gets frustrated with me because I don't say the exact right thing. If I can't even talk to the one person who professes to love me, it's no wonder that I so excruciatingly fail at all other conversations. BUT when I use art to express my thoughts and allow the words of others, whether through song lyrics or painted verses, to express my heart, then I feel, at least, that communication happens. 

I do not have much talent of any kind that would benefit the church. One area that I have a little talent in is dancing. I'd like to incorporate these colors into a themed dance. Six dances with a pause between each perhaps with the dancer explaining what their color represents. Then at the end having it all pull together. We'll see what comes of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment