My Fitness

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

warps

So earlier this week (or was it last week?) I shared my discovery of WARP! - worship, accountability, reading, prayer to gain a closer walk with Christ. You can read about that here.

But I heard a word spoken. One simple word that wasn't even directed at me nor did it have anything to do with this blog. But because we were created to do good works which the Lord had prepared beforehand for us to do (Ephesians 2:10), I decided it needed to be included in my system. If you know how I value evangelism, you will be familiar with how I end my presentation (if done formally) with how once a person is saved they are now called to go do good.

The word is service.

We are commanded to service each other: through love serve one another Galatians 5:13

Christ, himself, spoke about the Christian walk being servitude: But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be the first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as ransom for many. Mark 10:43-45

Paul often refers to himself as Christ's servant and says we should regard ourselves as servants of Christ too. 1 Corinthians 4:1

Today someone in my small group at church asked if anyone was able to give her a ride to school for the next few days. I got to lend her our car and it was fun to see how everyone clamored over each other to see if they'd be the one to be able to serve her. It's because we have been renewed by the Spirit and take verses like 1 Peter 4:10 seriously: As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another...

Even as my family is enduring our own temporary hardship, we are seeking to do good (1 Thessalonians 5:15). We can't heal every wound or help every cause but where we can, we do.

James reminds us that having faith is of no use if it stops at your brain. If your faith has not transformed your soul, then your faith is dead. This is a very real and serious point. Faith without works is dead. James 2:14-26

And so, for now, that wraps up our WARP! But it is actually now WARPS! Which is great because God WARPS! us into the image of his Son, Jesus.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2




No comments:

Post a Comment