My Fitness

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

kindness leads to repentance

There exists a type of shame that reveals our sins to us. With our eyes open to our sin, this shame leads to repentance. This is good. We do not need to wallow in our shame. We need to repent. It is a kindness of God to allow this shame. This kindness is love. 

To my shame, I was inspired by past teachings and remembered this right after I yelled at the kids for bickering. Shame is ok if it leads to repentance. Well-placed shame is a gift from God that leads to conviction and restoration. "If anyone is in Christ he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17"

It is easier to be myself; to sin. I must die to myself every day and take up my cross if I am to follow Christ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment