My Fitness

Saturday, November 5, 2016

a nice day with gals from church

This morning the women of Denton Bible Church met for a "Mugs and Mentors" brunch at Ann Little's house. It was delightful. I didn't know anyone but thought it would be a great way to meet new people. I met many wonderful gals and officially met a few people that I've had limited interactions with at church.

It was fun, challenging, encouraging, and grace-filled.

I chatted with various people for over an hour after it ended, which, if you know me, is not something I've done since having kids. (Something about being too tired for human interaction)

I then gathered my family together and we headed to the mall. I only have one pair of shorts. I know that it's November and here in the Northern Hemisphere we are about to enter Winter, but no one has told the weather this. Thus, it is still shorts-wearing weather. I was able to find a pair of shorts! Amazing! Not only that, but I was able to find a "workout jacket" as I call it - it's the thinnest jacket available and I wear it to Pilates and Ballet to give an extra ounce of warmth without overheating. I found both these items at very discounted prices. I would not have bought them otherwise!

Also, Felipe found a jacket that he said was very "Lauren-looking" at Zumiez along with a couple of beanies. So fulfilling!

Finally, I found the perfect "purse" but it was close to $30 and you know I'm not spending that much. Felipe found one for $6 that he thought looks right for me and I said that definitely the price tag looked like me! ha!

So I found every item I was looking for at discount and now I own two pairs of shorts for this Texas winter.

I remembered to write a Thank You Note to my host this morning and got it in the mail already. That was amazing - when do I remember out-of-the-ordinary things like that? When Micah, 5, saw me put it in the mailbox we had a mini-homeschool lesson about what I was doing and why. He then said, "Well, maybe I can write a letter to Kirsten about her buying me a dragon ball." Um, ok. More opportunity to educate and what's 50 ¢ for his happiness? Ha! So funny!


More good news: yesterday we bought a new (to us) washer and dryer for significantly discounted and it's working great. I am hopeful that we can give our old washer (kinda works) and dryer (works perfectly) to someone who needs it. I posted to the DBC city page and was immediately called by a gal who's daughter had just been texting me about something completely unrelated. Then I saw this gal at Mugs & Mentors and it was so refreshing. I love being part of the Body of Christ. I love helping and being helped by people who aren't looking for anything in return.

Nothing amazing happened today, but it was filled with grace and peace. And while these gals might have thought this event was no-big-deal, to me it was invaluable.

Thank you, new friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment