My Fitness

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

empty nest...and terrarium...and cage

Well, not exactly empty. But not here.

My foot isn't getting better. I don't know what's wrong. I have a follow-up appointment next week. Meanwhile I cry a lot. I've stopped doing school work with the kids so that I can try to relax and stay off my foot. I'm not going to Bible study tomorrow in hopes that the break from driving will help.

We got rid of the chickens. I thought Felipe wanted them. He thought I wanted them. I don't know where the first three came from since Felipe didn't want them. I didn't get them. I didn't put a coop and run in the backyard. But I did follow this mystery's lead and get the babies. That was fun watching them grow up. And the ducks too! That was really fun. Albeit loud!



Then I had had enough trying to take care of the guinea pigs. I'm the only one to care for them and my foot hurts. It's stinky to clean up after them too. And actually it was hard to care for my tortoises too. So I put them all on craigslist.

The tortoises sold immediately. I probably could have asked for more for them, but I was already asking for more than what I paid for them. I think they will thoroughly enjoy their new home with their retired hobbyist owner. I cried when they left.

Bubbles
The guinea pigs took a drastic price reduction and a couple extra days. But they sold. I did not cry when they left.

And just like that we are left with Raymond, our betta fish, and Bubbles, our snail who cleans up after him.

Pets are a lot of work. So are kids. Some of you are gifted to care for both. I am not. At least not while injured. Hopefully it will only be temporary.



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment