My Fitness

Saturday, November 21, 2015

pre-thanksgiving crafts





I saw this project on Facebook and thought it looked fun. This is my version! I'm really happy with the end result. If you want to make your own version, one tip is to help the handprint by helping the person push their palm and each finger down. Maybe do a trial version on an extra paper. I used poster cardboard from Walmart for like $3 and acrylic paints for 50c each. If you look closely you can see how the younger the child the less cooperative they were! It's too fun to squish through their fingers! 


My favorite part is where Felipe and my tree are holding hands and our roots are entwined. If there were also a way to incorporate Christ as our solid foundation or vine that we're grafted into or our stream of life, I'd like to have done that, but I wasn't creative enough to figure out how to do that. I figured the verse would have to do. And what a verse! I feel like this verse is emphasizing that the point of our family is to glorify God. There is no greater calling!
They will be called Oaks of Righteousness, the planting of the Lord that he may be glorified. Isaiah 61:3



With the kids being so excited to get paint on them, I thought we'd do another painting project that I saw on Facebook. Turkeys!

Turkeys for my turkeys!
This project is plain but complicated. You have to wipe each kid's hand between paintings. But they just need to touch everything. They don't follow directions. Very frustrating. One child touched something he shouldn't with his painted fingers and "ruined" something. I tried to explain to him that I didn't care about the object but that I was fighting for his soul. I want him to follow directions and resist temptation...but I think this lesson (that most adults have difficult comprehending) was a bit much for his poor four year old mind.

Anyway, we glued the turkeys to some old hanging folders that I'm not using. Looks great!


Caleb wanted pink letters. Micah wanted orange and he only wanted to use three hands. Holly wanted orange and purple (which she initially called "likey" -how cute is that?).

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you really will use this time to remember what you have to be thankful for and not as a time to fill your head with lists of stuff that you imagine will bring you happiness...but that will never truly fill your vacant soul that was intended to be filled with God.


No comments:

Post a Comment