My Fitness

Thursday, October 22, 2015

prayer cards prayer walk

When we first moved to this neighborhood I felt really safe. The neighbors were good and no one bothered anyone else. But the longer we live here, like the rest of the world, the worse things get. My neighbors share stories of kids graffiti-ing their property, damaging their vehicles, speaking immensely rudely to them, and other childish and yet hurtful pranks.

I've sat in my house waiting for it to reach us. It hasn't yet. And I wondered why.

Is it because our house is Protected? We have both God on our side as well as video cameras on our yard.

This morning it occurred to me that I should go on a Prayer Walk around my block. But I also wanted to encourage my neighbors. So I will leave little prayer cards in their mailboxes. I have to wait until my postpartum healing is done - right now just walking up the stairs is enough to send me into regression so a long walk is not even to be considered.

I think the prayer cards will simply say, "I have prayed for you today and I hope that knowledge brings you encouragement. I don't know the future but I know the One who holds the future in His hands." And then a Bible verse and possibly an email address that they can send specific prayer requests. And maybe a line saying something about "from anonymous with no affiliation to any earthly organization." I looked into buying some, but I can't find what I want. Luckily I'm pretty good with my Mac and I'll just make my own.

Perhaps something like this? (but with my own flower, this is just a random flower I found on google)

I'm considering setting up an email address that people can submit their prayer requests to, but I don't know that that is a good idea. I'll have to think about it more. On the backside I will consider adding a Roman Road outline or just a prayer. Maybe something like this?

Lord Jesus, I'm like everyone else - I can't make it through life on my own. I'm imperfect. I'm prone to sin. I have come to realize that there's nothing in the world I can do to make myself acceptable to You. But I know that You have loved me so much that You were willing to submit to the cross and die on my behalf. That's a grace so amazing I cannot understand it; I can only accept it. And I do. I accept Your free gift, and I know that from this moment on, I am saved. I am a child of God. And I give the rest of my life to serving You and experiencing the joy that only You can offer. Fill me now, dear Lord, and raise me to walk in the newness of life. I thank You and praise You! Amen. 
from http://www.davidjeremiah.org/site/about/becoming_a_christian.aspx 

I'll update with what I actually do, but that won't be until November some time. Maybe Thanksgiving week because my insides are still healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment