My Fitness

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

letter from the editor

Becca passing the torch to me.
IOur meeting was very much like this.
I'm now a board member of DCHSA and in charge of the newsletter. I am taking over for Becca who, as far as I can tell, has been doing more than excellently on the newsletter. While I've never written a newsletter before, I am confident that I will be able to relay the group's events and advertisements in a timely fashion.

Why me? I'm not really sure why. It's all a bit of a blur. I was emailing Jackie and Charylcie and I believe they conspired to get me to come to an info meeting. I was only looking for fellow homeschoolers but by the time I got home from that meeting I realized I had signed up to be a board member. I told my husband, "Felipe, you know that info meeting I went to today? I think I may have signed up to be on the board." And he laughed. That's the funny version. In all seriousness I thought I was the only homeschooler in all of Denton county that was not "pagan" so when I found a Christian group I was relieved to find the ground work done and that I wasn't going to have to do everything. I gladly signed up for anywhere there was a need. It just so happens that doing a newsletter requires skills that come very easily to me that may be frustrating to others. So that's why me.

If you want to get to know me, find me on Facebook, The City, or read more on this blog. I can't guarantee that anything you read will be very interesting, but every now and again I seem to write something encouraging or helpful.

A short bio: I enjoy fitness including ballet (of which I was formerly a professional), other dance styles too, gymnastics, Pilates, yoga, P90X, PiYo, running 5Ks, leisure cycling, swimming, and napping. I have a biology degree from UTA. I’ve taught High School algebra but decided to quit once I started having babies. I was homeschooled as a kid and now homeschool my own kids. I married my Bible study co-leader from UTA BSM in June 2009. I’m a bit of a theology nerd and was signed up for a degree track at Southwestern Theological Seminary when my then best friend asked if we could get married instead. I said yes and didn’t go to a single class. I work out of the home now doing some pretty mind-numbingly boring data entry that I feel should be done by a computer program. 

Other than that I really like hiking but there doesn't seem to be any mountains in Denton, TX. I just volunteered to lead a group of Awana at Denton Bible Church, which is great and I'm super excited about that. I'd really like to teach a dance class so if you're interested, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment