My Fitness

Monday, August 24, 2015

christianmomthoughts questions on theology - for parents and non-parents

I found these questions at ChristianMomThoughts. While I disagree with a few of her answers, I think it is a good idea for parents and Christian non-parents to find the Biblical answers themselves. Whether to see if your child is borrowing your faith or to see if you are perhaps borrowing someone's faith, finding the answers to these questions will help further your faith.

Did you know that you don't have to agree with everything in the Bible? There are numerous things in the Bible that I do not like. I would have liked more clarity in some areas. God did things that seemed like a bad move in other areas. But one truth I hold onto is that God is greater than I am. So while I don't agree with everything, I trust God completely. I'm not afraid of the answers that I will find. God has a greater understanding and he has never once consulted with me before doing something. My son does not like everything I do. But he still loves and trusts me. I don't consult him before making school plans. He might not like what he's learning, but he's still going to do it. I don't consult him before deciding if I will take a shower. It might seem like a bad idea to him and he would certainly never do it, but he respects me enough to not try to stop me or argue (too much) with me about it. Wouldn't that seem ridiculous?

For as the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9

So while you and I may not like or agree with everything in the Bible, stand firm in your faith that God is good and far above us. God is not here to make us happy and cater to our desires. He is here to show us how to love him more and better and deeper. We are here for him. Can you imagine a bunch of kindergarteners trying to correct a PhD on his spelling? They don't like it and they disagree with it, but the PhD is right.

Don't be afraid of what the answers to these questions are. When you answer try to stay away from feelings such as "I just don't think God would ever do that even though this verse says otherwise." I actually left a church where the PASTOR said this very concept from the pulpit in a sermon. That was very lazy of him. If not lazy, then he is simply a false pastor and in "Christianese" would be called a wolf in sheep's clothing. I know many deceived individuals who continue to attend his church despite many factors that should have eliminated him from eligibility.

Did you know the Bible lists what makes a person eligible for pastoring? It does. If your pastor is not aligned with this list, then he is a hypocrite and should not be allowed to pastor. Knowing the answers to many of these questions will help you differentiate between "Christian" and "Southern American Christian Culture" which many people confuse. You'll have a better background and be able to stay away from power-hungry individuals like the pastor I just mentioned. He is actively deceiving many people and if those people knew their Bibles or were encouraged to read for themselves, he would not be able to manipulate so easily.

So go through the questions on her site and find the answers you're looking for. You should feel free to ask your pastor his opinion but don't think he's irrefutable or incapable of error.

No comments:

Post a Comment