My Fitness

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

daily audio bible

I like to start my day with reading the Bible. With three small children, being pregnant, having a job, homeschooling, plus the additional housework that everyone has, I needed help to fulfill this desire. Luckily, back in December I discovered Daily Audio Bible. I think it was a suggestion for me from iTunes because I can't remember why or how I found it.

Brian Hardin is the funny looking guy who reads through different translations and then sometimes he shares his thoughts followed by prayer requests. Sometimes I listen to his thoughts, sometimes I don't. There's really no reason one way or the other.

You don't have to feel bad about "only" listening to the Bible as that was the way the Lord established  his word to his people for about 6 thousand years and it was only thanks to Martin Luther (1522AD) that lay people even started to have access to the Bible in their own language and eventually have copies in their own homes.

So it is good and right to read the Bible with your eyes, but there's nothing wrong with "only" listening. Hardin reads through the entire Bible in one year.



Most recently Hardin (and his gang? I don't know about the inner workings.) started a beta test of a project that sounds interesting. He's trying to get the entire Bible read verse by verse by individuals across the globe. At first I thought, "oh that sounds nice." And I thought they'd be done rather quickly with their beta test of the book of John since there are so many followers.

After a few days, he still needed volunteers, so I submitted a verse. You can too.
http://beta.globalbibleread.com


Then a few days later, I saw the results of the first 3 chapters. And WOW! Don't be judgmental over audio and video quality. Watch these videos and realize with me, I'm not alone. I'm not the only Christian left on the planet. I was rather emotional watching the video and seeing the names and locations from across the planet all speaking the words of my God. It was very encouraging.

Actually, I started getting nervous watching how well everyone else looked and sounded and am curious how my clip will stand up to their excellent examples. I'm sure it's fine, but I did have the thought. It's ok to not think of myself as the best. And it's ok if you submit a verse that isn't perfect, too. Please consider submitting a verse.

So, listen to Daily Audio Bible, consider submitting your own verse, and even watch what has been submitted so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment