My Fitness

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

reflection on control (life under control week 4 day 6)

Charles Stanley wrote In Touch with God. He reflected at one point about how Jesus defeated Satan in the dessert when Satan was trying to tempt him. If we are to follow Jesus' example, what should we do?
I am so glad Jesus did not outsmart Satan in a battle of the minds. I have tried that and failed miserably. I am glad He did not discuss the temptation with Satan and resist him that way. Eve tried that, and she got nowhere. I am glad Jesus did not use raw willpower, though I imagine He could have. My willpower is pretty useless when Satan really turns on the steam. Jesus verbally confronted Satan with the truth and eventually, Satan gave up and left. God's Word takes you right to the heart of the matter. It allows you to see things for what they really are. 

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
(Romans 12:2 ESV)

For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.
(Romans 6:14 ESV)


No comments:

Post a Comment