My Fitness

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

praying through scripture (life under control week 5 day 6)

You might find it beneficial to keep track of key verses that reflect on your specific needs. Then, go back to these verses and use them as a guide for your prayers:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
(Hebrews 12:1-2 ESV)
Heavenly Father, help me to lay aside the every weight and my sin that clings so closely. Help me to run with endurance, especially on days when I'm so tired, this race you've set before me. Empower me to focus on Jesus as I remember how he perfected my faith by enduring the cross, dying, and resurrecting. 

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the
flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
(Galatians 5:16-26 ESV)

Lord God, empower me by your Spirit. Empower me to not gratify the desires of my flesh. Empower me to do the things of the Spirit; those things that I want to do. Help me in my specific area of struggle. Empower me to be filled with the Spirit and to have all fruit that is evident of a life empower by the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Let me keep in step with the Spirit. Let me not become conceited or envious. 

For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
(1 John 2:16-17 ESV)
Holy Father, in your Word you tell me that the desires of flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life is not from YOU but from the world and that the world is passing away along with its desires. You tell me that whoever does your will abides forever with you. I want to live forever with you. Please guide me and empower me to do your will today and always because I love you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment