My Fitness

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

lust, greed, and envy (life under control week 5 day 5)

Today in Life Under Control Bible study, the author just went over everything that has been discussed in the past few days. It seems to me that if you struggle with these or any other sin, there is one antidote.  I personally struggle with stress which comes from the fear of man in my specific situation. I need to remember that I can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?” (Hebrews 13:6 ESV) If I love God the way I claim, and I am empowered by the Spirit as HE claims, then my fear of man will dwindle as I put his word into practice; For love is the antidote to sin. We love because he first loved us and gave himself to be our propitiation (go read all of 1 John 4).


“Which commandment is the most important of all?” Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
(Mark 12:28-31 ESV)


No comments:

Post a Comment