My Fitness

Friday, August 2, 2013

life under control - week 2 day 1

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. (Romans 15:13, ESV)
W2 day 1 - transformed by the Spirit

"His [the Spirit] presence in your life is essential for successful living." When the world sees this verse they think a very different thing than the Christian. How does the world view success? Money, promotion, nice car, vacations, designer clothing. These things aren't bad or evil but they certainly don't define success. For the Christian, success is defined within Christ. Was I loving? Was I kind? Did people see me for the best that I am or did they see Christ through me? Is my life being regenerated by the Spirit?

You can make $300k a year or have a PhD in astrophysics and still be unsuccessful. Success comes from submitting your will to God and being obedient to the point of death or even discomfort. (It is much easier to die for God than it is to live with or without something you think you deserve.)

First Corinthians 3:16 explains that the Christian is God's temple. This is the same temple that in Habakkuk is described as being holy where the Presence of God dwelt. If a Christian's body, as described later in I Corinthians, is God's Holy Temple, how are we to "glorify God in our bodies"?

Ark of the Covenant



No comments:

Post a Comment