My Fitness

Thursday, August 22, 2013

God's desire (life under control week 4 day 7)

"God equips you with His word and with prayer to bring under submission any unhealthy or sinful desires you may have...God's desire is for you to be successful in all your endeavors that are according to His will for your life."


Prove me, O LORD, and try me;
test my heart and my mind.
For your steadfast love is before my eyes,
and I walk in your faithfulness.
(Psalm 26:2-3 ESV)

Sometimes praying God's will and desire when it's contrary to our own will and desire can be difficult. Sometimes I have to pray that I will be willing to pray for God's will because my heart just is not in it. God is faithful. Don't be led by your feelings. Don't choose to follow God when "you're ready" as if God doesn't require your all. If you are controlled by fear, you are not controlled by God and his Spirit is not in you. Pray that fear would leave you. Pray that you would be able to do what God wants you to do.

Imagine how ridiculous the Bible would be if it was filled of stories of people terrified to do what God wanted because they would experience pain? Where would most of our New Testament be? I'm terrified I'll go through discomfort so I won't go do what God has me do...never mind that Jesus suffered a great deal to save your soul from hell. I'm not ready to do what God wants (let me go bury my parents first)...God would NEVER ask anyone to do something until s/he is ready - wait, no. That's wrong. God always commands us to do things before we're ready so that we will rely on HIS strength and not our own. I don't want to do what God wants, quite frankly (reminds me of Jonah and Nineveh). Oh, that's okay, then. Just don't. That never has bad consequences. But I really just want to ENJOY my life right now. What God wants is to steal, kill, and end my joy. I know what's best. I do what I want to do. God is a joy-killer. And he just has bad timing...God knows nothing about how to time things and he's really bad about spacing major events. We should always try to control as much as possible in life. Giving God control is always a bad idea. And finally, before I go choke on my sarcasm, no one should ever tell anyone that they are wrong about anything. That's between them and God...and maybe a spouse. It's MY body. MY life. NOT God's. Not yours. Who are you to judge me? I FEEL good about my decisions. My conscious is clear.

ok, I'm done. That above paragraph just got a bit out of control. This is why I stay out of these type of conversations in real life. In the end, even Christians aren't interested in hearing sound Biblical doctrine. And I take it out on my poor blog. Basically, just read the Word and be prepared to defend your actions (not to me, I don't care what you do, but to God who does care) with the Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment