My Fitness

Friday, August 16, 2013

actions under control (life under control week 4 day 1)

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20, ESV) 

In the very beginning, our parents in the Garden of Eden tried to shift their blame to each other. Even if we convince the other person that our actions are their fault, God is not fooled and He will hold us accountable for our actions. 

Have you ever approached a brother or sister and confronted them in love stating that they were doing wrong? Often the response is, "well, you're not perfect yourself" or "well, you do this other thing that's bad" or even "I can't help it. it's my culture." (It's a huge pet-peve of mine when people blame and hide behind their "culture" as if that makes their action legitimate. b.s.) Shifting the focus and blame off themselves to anywhere else is common and unproductive. If the Spirit or a fellow Christian points out an error in us we must be brave enough to allow the Spirit to cleanse our impurity. As I've written so many times already, sometimes it means living differently than how we foresaw our lives. 

Maybe you are convicted of trying to play God with your fertility and instead submit to His will...you just might end up serving God by serving your family of 10! And in the end will you be able to look at any of those children and say, "You were not worth it" or "I'm glad we got a house instead of that child"? What does God value? 

Does God want you to stay in that relationship where your friend is constantly leading you into sin? Whether sexual sin or gossip, does it glorify God? You may be afraid of being lonely, but God want to fill that place in your heart. He wants to be the One you come to for friendship and advice. He wants to be your Comforter.


Or maybe you find yourself making quite a bit of money at your job but you find out that some of the businesses practices don't settle with your conscious. Maybe it's technically legal and maybe not. There are plenty of legal activities that are immoral. Does God want you to stay there or take a cut in pay and go with a more ethical job? 

You can overcome any sin now that Christ resides in your heart. And if He doesn't then you can ask Him to come and cleanse you and to send His Holy Spirit to reside in your heart, mind, and actions. If you're not a Christian, or are unsure if you are truly Saved, follow this link and read through it. Once we were slaves to sin, but now we are set free and enslaved to righteousness. Just how a seed must let go of its former life, its tree. The seed dies and falls to the ground. But unless it dies it will not be able to grow into a new tree.

Heavenly Father, I put my trust in you as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for sending Your Son to die for my sin. Lord God. though my body be a slave to sin, give me freedom that only Christ can give to those who trust in Him as Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment