My Fitness

Friday, July 26, 2013

life under control

A long time ago I bought a book called Life Under Control. It was a scripture based weight loss program. Today I thought I would start revisiting much of what was taught and shared through that book so to possibly encourage other mamas hoping to achieve success in health.

With some women I have found that they are perfectly healthy physically, but still they want to be thinner. Sometimes it's okay to be thinner and sometimes it shows that they're focus is not on God, where it should be. I hope that the next few weeks will help align your thoughts with God's thoughts for you. Whether you struggle with anorexia or with gluttony, God wants us to be properly aligned with him and get our thoughts and actions under control.


Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit. (Psalm 51:12, ESV)

Day 1: Saul and David

God replaced disobedient Saul with God-loving David. Saul was a man after his own desires and turning away from what God wanted. David was a man after God's own heart. Even when David sinned he was quick to repent. "Because of God's grace, he doesn't reject you when you fail."

Christ gives us the opportunity to lead controlled lives. Part of the fruit of the spirit is self-control. Even if we take a step in the wrong direction, whether attitude, thought, or action, God's grace is sufficient to restore to us our place by his side.

Saul was not willing to repent and God replaced him. David sinned greatly but always returned to his first love. If you and I are to follow after God, then we too must be willing to repent quickly.




Oh, and don't forget to drink some water!

No comments:

Post a Comment