My Fitness

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

life under control - day 5

Day 5 - hiding sin

I'm sure we all have that person in our lives who loves and thrives off reminding you of your sin and faults. Or am I alone in this? I hope I am alone. Perhaps this person is deluded into thinking that they are somehow helping and loving by trying to find your faults, trying to find what's wrong with you, and often they just make up things if they can't find something. So, yeah, don't confess to that person, but find an encouraging and accountable friend to confess your sins to. Find someone you trust. Find someone who will keep your confidence. Often a spouse is a good confessional; sometimes just a good friend from church. Perhaps a group of Facebook acquaintances will be a good place to find grace, accountability, and a helpful confession-booth!

Have you noticed that when you don't confess you are tempted to cover up the sin? Maybe someone asks you a question and you evade it or even outright lie. Sin begets sin. David slept with Bathsheba, tried to get Uriah to sleep with her too, and then had him killed when the plan was unsuccessful. What a mess!

"God is not shocked by your sin and weakness." And I might add that it's my own pride to think that He believes I'm so perfect and how could I possibly do that. I might be shocked because I think I'm so great, but God knows me better than I know myself. God knows you better than you know yourself.

The Prophet Nathan had to use a parable to get David to see his own sin. Our pride often doesn't allow us to see our sin straight on. For some people their pride never allows them to see their sin. Hopefully the Christian is humble enough to appear weak and in need of a Savior. Otherwise, is that person a Christian?

If you find you need to hide your sin, hide it in the cross of Christ. It will be shown for others to see, but to the glory of God, his grace and forgiveness will shine bringer.

I highly recommend this book. Click for link to amazon. I get no commission or anything like that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment