My Fitness

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

helpful children

Today I was sweeping the kitchen floor. Micah, my 1-year old, came up to me and I gave him a toy broom and asked if he wanted to help me. He was very excited to help me sweep the house. His first stop was to go over to where Caleb was playing and "help" sweep up his toys!

It was not helpful at all and only made a bigger mess. Caleb didn't seem to mind and handled the situation very well.

In light of the last blog post this got me thinking about how we "help" God. If God wasn't omnipotent, whenever we decide to help God we would only make things much, much worse! I think this must be where we get the saying, "Let go and let God!"

Today I am so grateful that God is in control and does not need my help. And when he asks for my "help" it is with the knowledge that I will need his help to complete that "helpful" task. Just like I let my kids help me to let them feel included and knowing that it will only make my job more difficult so I remember that God is my Father treating me as a CHILD. For that is what I am, His Child.

Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me."
(John 8:42 ESV)

He's always taking off all his clothes and grabbing my broom

No comments:

Post a Comment