My Fitness

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Felipe is such an encouragement


through love serve one another.
(Galatians 5:13 ESV)

I have never heard of a person meeting my husband and not liking him right away. There's something about my husband that everyone seems to be drawn toward. I believe it is his loving disposition. He can't help but love everyone. 

Because of his salvation story happening later (I mean, he was still young, so not that late in life), he feels the weight of grace more so than many of us who started our Christ-fearing life at a very young age. Realizing what grace has been extended to him and feeling the love of God on his life fills him with love for God which overflows to love for others. 

He leads through love. He is not judgmental. He goes past people's sins and loves as God loves. When I first met him and heard that he had only been a Christian for a couple of years I was surprised because of how much he had already taught me about the love of Christ. I really didn't think that someone who was so spiritually young would have much to offer me who had been a Christian for a couple of decades already.

By his example he taught me that loving others is more important than any theological position or argument. Loving is deeper and more godly than knowing hermeneutics on eschatology or TULIP or any other "Christian-ese" doctrine. After all, what has been consistently and constantly shown to me by those closest to me is that knowledge fills people with pride and makes them look down on others but love builds each other up. By loving I make you feel better and I make me feel better. Knowledge doesn't do that. 
This “knowledge” puffs up, but love builds up. (1 Corinthians 8:1 ESV)

My husband is very knowledgable too though. But his foundation is love. He teaches me a lot. More than most "mature" Christians I know. 

But I digress. All this wasn't even what I intended to write about today.

What I wanted to write about was how loving and encouraging my husband is TO ME. He equips me to be all that God wants me to be.

Specifically, he insisted that I go to yoga tonight. I've been missing due to sickness, pulled muscles, and  car sharing difficulties. I was feeling lazy and didn't want to go but Felipe equipped me by getting home early so I could get there early. And once I was there, I felt great. It was good to use my muscles again.

My husband loves me enough to not let me be lazy. My husband loves me enough to equip me to be more loving and generally a better person than I would be on my own. I am a better person because of him.

I have said before that my husband and I have "true love" but that love is not between us. The love that is between us is an overflow of that true love we have each found with our Savior God. God loves us. Because he loves us, we are even capable of loving him back. God is our foundation and our marriage is built on it.

My husband loves me.
I hope its okay that I put a pic of him sleeping...look how Caleb loves his dada!

No comments:

Post a Comment