My Fitness

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Felipe is better than the TARDIS

...and the Doctor for that matter. Of course, my opinion may be a bit biased! I watch a lot of Dr Who and I was imagining how I might react if a man showed up to take me away in a blue box that was bigger on the inside. I just wouldn't care. I have all that I want right here.

So then I had to pretend that I didn't have Felipe and the kids. Where would I want to go? I can think of very few times and places in history worth visiting. First on my list would be the birth of Jesus. I want to see those angels singing and possibly help deliver my Savior...too cool to think about. Then I would want to visit him as an adult and ask him a bunch of questions. Then I'd go to 1983 and visit baby me...oh wait, that's not allowed. Well, I would visit young Mom and Dad and encourage them to buy into Apple stock...lots of Apple stock. and then?

But if given the choice between the secrets of the universe and sharing a life with Felipe, I'd choose Felipe every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I really appreciate my husband. I came across this admonition earlier:
Some women take their husband's career for granted, and they show it in many ways. Do you "dump" on your husband at the end of the workday, or do you strengthen and encourage him with your words? A wise wife will make her husband feel that she values and appreciates his work. Let him know that you are glad he is a hard worker. Take opportunities to praise his diligence and resourcefulness to others. 

I'm not sure what that second sentence means. So I'm going to ignore it. I try to strengthen and encourage my husband with my words both to his face and in speaking about him to others. Felipe, if you read this, I very much value and appreciate that you work to feed and clothe this small family of ours. I am daily impressed by your diligence and self-sacrificing lifestyle you've embraced in the name of God to care for what He's given you - your wife and children.

It's a silly comparison, Felipe and the Doctor, real and fiction. But a fun one for a silly blog! Just like Rose Tyler loves her Doctor, I love my Felipe. Again, she's fictional, but I don't fault her for loving him. I don't want any other woman loving my man, after all!

If Felipe were a Time Lord, I think his name would be The Comforter because of how comforting and loving he is. He always makes people feel better. If I were a Time Lord, I think my name would be The Supporter because I like to think of myself as supporting others to fulfill what their calling is. What would your name be? Maybe it's silly, but it's fun!
Felipe and Micah discovering that it doesn't take much to get hired at Kroger's. "mutch"? really?





No comments:

Post a Comment