My Fitness

Thursday, January 5, 2012

January Fifth I Spoke Abrasively and the Spirit Convicted Me

This evening my first action after speaking abrasively to my husband I read the following Bible Verses. So, of course, I apologized immediately. Oh, how the Spirit convicts with a sense of humor. This is a habit of mine, to be impatient. I am working on it...



Psalm 141:3

xSet a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;

ykeep watch over the door of my lips!

Psalm 130:3

If you, O Lord, should fmark iniquities,

O Lord, who could gstand?

Psalm 106:33

33 for they fmade his spirit bitter,1

and he gspoke rashly with his lips.


Matthew 15:11
11 rit is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

Proverbs 16:28

28 aA dishonest man spreads strife,

and ba whisperer cseparates close friends.

Proverbs 12:18

18 cThere is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts,

but the tongue of the wise brings dhealing.

Proverbs 12:19

19 Truthful lips endure forever,

but ea lying tongue is but for a moment.

James 3:8

8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, kfull of deadly poison.

James 3:10

10 From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers,1 these things ought not to be so.

Colossians 3:8

8 But now qyou must put them all away: ranger, wrath, malice, sslander, and obscene talk from your mouth.

Colossians 3:9

9 tDo not lie to one another, seeing that uyou have put off vthe old self1 with its practices

1 Thessalonians 4:3

3 For this is the will of God, iyour sanctification:1jthat you abstain from sexual immorality;

Revelation 14:5

5 and iin their mouth no lie was found, for they arejblameless.

No comments:

Post a Comment