My Fitness

Sunday, January 15, 2012

For Life

I have never met a person who was not pro-life. Even those who believe in women's rights would not harm a baby once he was born. We all believe in protecting life once it begins, but the debate is over when life begins.

CHristians do not unanimously agree on when life begins. Some Christians define the beginning of life at different stages. Some Christians even define life as beginning at birth, some with the first brain activity, and some when blood is produced. Most Christians that I know personally will at least preach, if not also practice, that life begins at conception. But what I don't understand is why so many Christians do not practice what they preach.

If its simple ignorance, then perhaps this will help educate: http://www.answersingenesis.org/media#/video/ondemand/fearfully

The videos basically show the biology behind conception and what it means to have "life begin at conception". For those of you who get queasy at the mention of sex, grow up, I mean, stop reading now. Within 24 hours of sperm entering a female, an entire new person could be growing if that sperm fertilized an egg. new DNA = new organism.

Once the sperm, with half a set of chromosomes, meets the egg, with another half, the chromosomes join together. The single cell has its own unique DNA, different from mother and father. At this moment, this single cell has personhood. This is the basis of the anti-abortion movement.

If you are a Christian who agrees with me, then perhaps you might be interested in learning about the birth control pill. Perhaps you roll your eyes, but bear with me and be educated. It is my deepest desire to see you glorify God.

I once had a friend on Yasmin. I was curious and looked up the drug in the Physicians Desk Reference. The page describes unemotionally the three mechanisms of contraception used with Yasmin. The first mechanism is to prevent ovulation. No ovulation can potentially lead to a decreased, if not completely eliminated, libido, as well as permanent damage to the release mechanism causing the mother to become infertile. In case an egg is dropped, the second mechanism will change the viscosity of the mucous so the sperm cannot get to the egg. But if an egg is released, and a sperm does make it to the egg, then we have conception which leads to the third mechanism.

The third mechanism is to strip the endometrium of all nutrients disallowing a zygote to implant. A zygote is the growing person. By blocking its only food source, the person starves to death and is passed through the mother's system often without her even knowing she was pregnant. Sometimes it is noticed by a slightly more bloody period. Ignorance is bliss! While aborting a baby so passively, most Christians callously murder their own children and then tell abortion doctors how evil they are. Both are unwanted pregnancies, and for a Christian I have to wonder why they don't want their pregnancies.

Here's a pdf from Randy Alcorn on Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?

Why do so many Christians fear having babies? Surely a Christan believes the Bible. And doesn't the Bible say that children are a blessing? A reward? Then, Christian, why do you not believe it? You say one thing but your actions say another. Christianity is not about actions. It is not about doing this or not doing that. But even as Christ is advocating for your soul, your fellow man judges you to see if you truly believe what you claim.

Do you fear having enough money? Look at my life as an example. We have not had enough money for over a year. We couldn't pay rent and sometimes we barely had enough for food. My husband could not provide for us. But were we supposed to be trusting Felipe to provide for us or trusting God to provide for us? Who is Jehovah-Jireh? The Lord will Provide. And he did. My parents let us move in with them. It was terribly embarrassing and humiliating. I guess God is showing me how much pride I have.

Maybe we should have waited to have children until we had enough money. But when I look at Caleb even on his bad days no amount of money is worth his life. But perhaps your children will not be as wonderful as mine? Or perhaps you fear that that is true? What blessings we all miss out on when we take matters into our own hands!

I do not need to pray if the timing is right. I do not need to worry if any children come too soon or if they are not coming soon enough because I trust God. I believe that God will not create a child that he does not want. And I live that belief out.

I do not fear the plan of God. I let him create what he chooses to create. Is my life more difficult sometimes because of that? Yes. I am not free to lie about and do what I please. I must be selfless. God is conforming me to the image of his son. And having these two boys is wonderful! I cannot imagine how life would be if I had chosen life.

Fellow Christian, choose life. When you choose the world's wisdom over God's wisdom, you wait until your own plan can succeed. You wait until you have all your ducks in a row. You wait and do what you please with the right house, job, and wealth. But these will all burn away. God wants you to place your treasure in heaven and look to him for your satisfaction. You have missed out on your own Caleb and Micah because you did not choose life.

I'm embarrassed that I was envious of you. I was obedient. I had my husband, my sons, and my God. And yet I wanted things that are meaningless...things that amount to nothing and will burn away.

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life —is not from the Father but is from the world. 17 And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment