My Fitness

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Craigslist and Easter and Navy

I love buying and selling stuff on craigslist. But today was a major disappointment. I put up my entire porcelain doll collection as well as a bunch of Caleb's toys that don't interest him any more and there hasn't been a single bite :(

In spiritual news, Caleb was really bad last week and I didn't have any energy for him. I think that just made it worse. So today when he started getting bad again I decided to suck it up and exert energy that I didn't think I had. I decided that I would serve Caleb like Jesus serves me even though I'm bad. And this made all the difference. I still don't know what was wrong with Caleb (perhaps another nap?) but we ended the day well because Jesus lives in my heart. I didn't get mad at him. I didn't yell at him. I didn't do anything except love on him. And loving on him brought him back to the happy Caleb side of life!

Just think of how terrible life would be if Jesus didn't love us even though we didn't deserve it. Just think of what life would be life if Jesus punished us for being bad instead coming in love to save us from ourselves. Love should permeate our lives because of Jesus.

And while Easter is fun and all, I'm sure, for a lot of people, for me I like to remember that Jesus is alive every day. I can see him at work in my soul and he brings me peace.

In sad/happy news, Felipe is in Jacksonville, FL! It's so sad that he isn't here next to me right now. I miss him sooooo much and he's only been gone for less than 12 hours. But this is a good thing. He is visiting NSB Kings Bay to tour the submarines as a special guest of the Navy. I take this as a good indicator of his position toward entering OCS. I could not be prouder of my husband! He's going to look so handsome in an officer's uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment