My Fitness

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

...and a Good Time Was Had By All

We bought a very fun out-door toy ("Lookout Treehouse") for Caleb to climb. It's the same one we have at church that he loves so we knew he'd love it. I found it on craigslist for a percentage of the original price and the worst part was that it was dirty. So I cleaned it. Caleb loves it. He still needs to be supervised while he's on it but he's pretty much self entertained on it. -which is great for a tired and pregnant Mommy!

This morning I put Caleb in my sling and we made cookies together. I had so much fun and I'm pretty sure Caleb did too! He especially enjoyed the part when he got to eat the cookies!

Caleb had fun this morning with Dada eating breakfast...apparently there was much egg-eating going on while I tried to get a few more minutes sleep. Breakfast is Felipe's time to shine and he always makes a better breakfast than I do - generally when I first wake up I can't handle most typical breakfast foods so I make plain toast and butter or cereal...if I'm feeling especially fancy I might toast some frozen waffles!

I'm finally getting to the point where I enjoy breastfeeding...almost a year later! I think having a schedule and also changing my mindset have both helped. I've been running dry but I drink over 100 oz of water a day and usually closer to 200. I'm also eating like crazy and barely gaining weight - I wish I had this dilemma ten years ago!

Baby M has been snuggling his/her little head against my uterus in the most uncomfortable manner. I pushed on his/her head last night and s/he swam away - it startled me...and probably her/him too! Generally, the only discomfort with this pregnancy has been constant urination and fatigue. -not bad at all! I'm very excited about this new baby. Caleb loves babies and is very good with children. He's always sharing and trying to get others to smile. He'll make a great big brother.

The other day at Starbucks, a lady came in who looked rather sad or vexed about something. And Caleb walked right up to her and started dancing for her and smiling at her and generally flirting with her. And she smiled and laughed and said, "Thanks, you just made my night so much better." -Caleb is such a blessing everywhere he goes. And now that he's a pretty regular and consistent schedule, he's less bratty for me too. Schedules bring happiness.

accompanying pics and video coming soon...check back later for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment