My Fitness

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thinking About Hospital Stay #2

Just some quick thoughts I had today.

Learning from my experience with my first labor and delivery, I'm not letting anyone other than Felipe and Caleb into my hospital room when Baby M is born. Absolutely no one. About a week after I get home, depending on when I go home, I plan to have a "Come Visit the New Born" party at which point everyone will be allowed to come over and see the new little one for a couple of hours.

I don't know if hospitals allow older children to stay the night at the hospital. If not, then Felipe will stay with Caleb and only come see me for a couple of hours during my stay. -I'm perfectly fine with this. Caleb is welcome to stay during the whole L&D process but that is up to his daddy because Felipe would have to take charge of him. I'm not a screamer or anything else that Caleb might find disturbing, so he might just get excited about everyone getting excited. I'm not sure how much he'll understand at 17 months. He won't be able to go home with anyone because we co-sleep and that requires mommy or daddy to be present, I insist.

And final thought, Caleb is a big boy now. I hate breastfeeding. Caleb LOVES breastfeeding. I used to just feed him whenever because I felt that I had no other obligations so why not. But now I am simply tired of it. So I'm weaning him. But he doesn't like sweet foods like applesauce or yogurt. Today he ate a LOT of shredded cheese and chili (Hormel chicken chipotle).
Perfectly nutritious but odd. He also liked peanut butter bread. I used to only buy honey wheat bread but once I started sharing my bread with Caleb I, of course, could not give him bread with honey in it. Luckily we only have a few more months and he'll be out of the "danger zone" of honey-induced botulism.

No comments:

Post a Comment