My Fitness

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Eruptions

Thanksgiving was a very eventful day for us Mulfords. Yes, we had the regular turkey, stuffing, rolls etc. But in particular interest is that Caleb's first two teeth erupted! And this right after our pediatrician tried to scare us into ceasing our night feedings by telling us an old wives tale about how night feedings lead to late teeth eruption. -I know, it didn't make sense to us either.

Here are those beautiful teeth...although you can't really see them in this pic.
Of course I couldn't get him to sit still for a second to take a pic until he was asleep...

And then there's the mental image of calling his teeth "erupting"...two volcanoes where teeth should be. I know what the word means, I just can't help of thinking of volcanoes though. I have a pic but it's terrible...but if you want to see it real bad just follow this link.

I know, that was dumb. That's why I made it a link instead of part of my blog.

And in other secret news, FELIPE STOP READING AT THIS POINT!!!!!


Seriously, Felipe, I want it to be a surprise...


Did you stop reading yet?

ok, in other news, I bought a copy of "The Love Dare" for me to become a better wife. I feel like I have become rather spoiled and I don't like it. So I've decided that I will stop thinking so much of myself and instead actively focus on Felipe. He's a wonderful husband that I don't always appreciate as much as I should. I'm hoping to gain perspective and appreciation as well as making him feel more loved as my love grows for him.

I've been thinking about what my purpose in life is and I continuously come back to "give God glory and enjoy him forever" and if I am feeling lost then that's because I'm not giving God glory or I am not enjoying him. One major way I can give God glory is to honor and respect my husband. I hope that God will show me how to give him glory through submission to my husband whom he has placed over me. I want this Love Dare to be a gateway for God to radically soften my heart.

If you could take one thing away from reading this today I would hope it would be that you would want to love your husband more too...and if you're single, then to not think that you would do so much better if you were married: It is very hard to be married to someone that is almost completely like-minded with you and to be reminded at the most inconvenient moment that you're only almost completely like-minded. There's always going to be something that you disagree over. And the pride that you feel now, thinking, "I would handle things so much better than those married peopler I know" is the same pride that is going to get in the way of any possible future relationships. Kill the pride now and you won't have as much to deal with then. Or be single and never have to think about another human-being other than yourself for the rest of your life.

I hope that last bit didn't sound too harsh. But I think that the married people who read this would agree with me that they wish they were less selfish toward their spouse. There's always room for improvement. Pride is the root to so many sins. And love is the antidote.

No comments:

Post a Comment