My Fitness

Thursday, November 18, 2010

He's a Big Boy!



I find that my only time to blog recently is when Caleb is asleep...so here I go!

This week hasn't been the best week. It started out with Caleb's 6 month wellness check and vaccinations. It was terrible! First, we got to the office early but weren't seen until 30 minutes after our appointment time. Then the new nurse who is still training on the computer system didn't take any of the measurements correctly. This is our pediatrician's third new nurse since Caleb was born...why can't he keep nurses around? Then when our doctor came in to see us he was rather rude. We weren't too offended by this because I figured all these issues were probably related to the new nurse taking time to learn pediatrics.

The poor baby though - four shots! It made me sad. One rather funny part though was when we took Caleb over to the scale. We had to take his diaper off for an accurate reading. And he decided to empty his bladder while he was at it! Daddy went to go get a clean diaper. So Caleb and I walked back to the room...and Caleb completely naked! He was giggling and baby-skipping. It was so cute and he had everyone in the office laughing!

This is Caleb enjoying his singing Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street:

The next night we started moving him to his own bed to sleep. We had been sleeping with him in our bed. (And for all you nay-sayers, we were very careful about making sure he had adequate room and he's always been capable of moving his head away from suffocating.) So, Caleb didn't like it very well at all. We had to go in several times to reassure him that he was safe. And when we finally went to bed he was still whimpering in his sleep. This also made me sad.

But on the plus side, tonight when I put him to bed I put his little stuffed puppy near him. And I saw him take the puppy under his arm on the baby monitor. It was very cute! So I think he'll be able to sleep through the night with his new best buddy.

This is Caleb wearing his pjs from Grandma Bertha:

Though this week wasn't the best, my husband just got home early and told me he doesn't need to work tomorrow! My sister is coming home tomorrow and we're having a friend over for dinner on Saturday. Things always eventually turn around...especially when you remember that Christ died on the cross to take the punishment for our sins and we are now free to live for his glory - this always puts things into perspective.

Caleb got some DVDs in the mail. This is a pic of him watching them:
I put him in the bed because he starts banging on the computer whenever I don't put him in the bed.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment