My Fitness

Monday, November 22, 2010

Caleb is Learning to Stand

We play a fun game with Caleb. One-Two-Three and we let him stand on his own for however long he can balance. He always lands on his butt with a giggle. This weekend he made some very good strides both figuratively and literally! And now I only have to say, "one, two, three" and he will let go of whatever he's holding onto, sometimes though, he'll just skip the balancing part and sit down real quick with a giggle.

Another fun game we play is the I'm-Going-to-Get-You game. We take turns with who is "getting" whom. I'll help Caleb get Daddy and then Daddy gets Caleb and then we rinse and repeat with Mommy. He loves the game and is catching on to the rules very quickly. Sometimes he'll start playing before Felipe or I even thought of it. It's always cutest when Caleb goes after Grannie Clare or Grandpa John and gets them. The giggles are just too cute.

Here's a pic of Caleb's sleeping position after he was screaming at us for making him sleep in his own bed:
(I moved him to better position right after I took the photo.)

Caleb is doing much better now with his new sleeping arrangements. And we've started giving him more solid food. One observation I made today is that he fully understands what he's allowed to do and what he is not allowed to do. Before today I was never sure if he understood. But there he was moving purposely blockading cushions out of the way so he could go gnaw on the coffee table. I watch for a few seconds and then said in a not-too-serious voice, "What do you think you're doing, Mister?!" Caleb spun around and tried to crawl away from the table and giggled as I went over and put the cushions back. He didn't try again.

Caleb with some solid food:
Caleb has always laughed in his sleep. Since the day he was born, once he fell asleep we would eventually hear the cutest little sleep-giggles. Once he started moving more (and becoming more frustrated) he would sometimes cry too. Now he'll sometimes cry if he's had a bad day. My goal recently has been to be the best mommy ever. I gage how successful I've been at that by how much Caleb giggles in his sleep. Today he had two very full naps and lots of play time! We ran over to the Christmas tree and back to his play area several times (I'm sore), he had air-tossings, alone play times, and many episodes of aforementioned games. And he giggled in his sleep today!

I feel like I have won. Yesterday was no good. And that made today even better!

Here's a fun video of Caleb-cuteness. He's crawling around the kitchen chasing after his shadow:

No comments:

Post a Comment