My Fitness

Friday, April 30, 2010

For the Google-savvy Cyber-stalkers

I recently had some children tell me that they found my blog by googling me...so I thought I'd share some happy moments from mine and Felipe's wedding.

Our wedding was at the Northeast Wedding Chapel in Hurst, TX. It was wonderful! We honeymooned at a Bed and Breakfast in Ft. Worth and it was not wonderful, to say the least.

We had a wonderful guitarist! He learned songs just for me! I highly recommend him. You can watch the flower girls and listen to our guitarist:





These were our vows that we made to each other. We take them very seriously and mean every word. I feel that many people today say that they will love each other forever but when it comes down to it, they really mean that they will love each other as long as they feel like it. That is terrible. God loves us always even when we are evil. I love Felipe and Felipe loves me even when we don't feel like it because we remember God's love for us!

Felipe and I waited to have sex until after we were married because we believe that is the calling God has placed on our lives. We should live not according to what we can get away with but instead live in such a way that is above reproach and far above scrutiny. We live this way because we love God.

Felipe to Lauren

I love you, and I know that God is the author of life and love and every good thing, and because of that I desire to be your one and only husband. Together with you I want to be vessels for His love so that through our marriage and our oneness Christ would be glorified. Despite the pressures of the present and whatever the future might bring, I promise to be faithful, to love, to lead, to serve, and to protect you as Christ does His Church, as long as we both have life. For God’s perfect love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. According to the grace of God, I promise to endeavor to show to you the same kind of love as Christ showed the Church when He died for her, and to love you as part of myself because, today, in His sight, we are one.

Lauren to Felipe

Through your friendship I have been drawn closer to God; And I have found that friend that sticks closer than a brother. As Christ loves the Church, I have felt your love toward me, and as the Church is called to follow Christ I vow to follow you, to love you, to honor you, to respect you, to submit to you, to cherish you, to serve you, to put your needs before mine, to make our home a place you desire to be, to remain faithful and never wander in thought or action from your loving embrace. Together I hope to model the love God has for his children when he sent his son to save us and draw us back to his loving embrace. I believe we glorify God more as a single unit than we do as individuals and this is why I choose to marry you. And as long as we are living, I will be your wife and through the grace of God find my satisfaction in you. I love you.


Our photographer made an album for us and these are the files from that. Enjoy!


The top picture is me with my mom. The middle is with me and my two sisters, and the bottom is me with my grandmother.

These are all my bridesmaids, jr. bridesmaids and half my flower girls.

The top left photo is Felipe with his best man, then one with his mom and the other is with his dad. The one across the bottom is all his groomsmen with his dad and my dad at either end.
Felipe is so handsome!
My beautiful bridesmaids!

Here's a couple more flower girls added to the pictures.

Here's all the flower girls and jr. bridesmaids! The two on the far right are Felipe's cousins. The other four in pink and the dark haired jr bridesmaid are all sister and very good friends of my family. I love them like family. The only blonde girl is my cousin. I was her mother's flower girl!

We couldn't actually see each other...but I was pretending to see him. But we had breakfast together that morning anyway.

Top is grandma Mulford (now great-grandma!) with our good friend Joshua. Middle is grandma and grandpa Rangel (Felipe's mom's parents) and bottom is Grandma Rita (my mom's mom) with my favorite cousin James Colin. The side picture is my parents.
Top left is Shilloy (friend from UTA and first person to know about me and Felipe), middle is Aubrey (Felipe's sister), top right is Kirsten (my older sister), bottom left is Nina (my younger sister), middle is Jessica (one of my best friends from forever, we started college together when we were 14 and she is awesome), bottom right is Erin (my maid-of-honor and another of my best friends whose life seems to strangely parallel mine; she got engaged three days before my wedding, got married in January and is now pregnant too!).
The journey of our flower girls! The ring-bearer is Felipe's cousin and brother to the flower girls.

This is just too precious! Lanayah was named when my younger sister and I decided to combine our names somehow. We snuck it in with a few other suggestions so it would sound legit and it just so happened to be the one they picked!

Maybe I'll post more pictures from the album in the future. It takes forever for the pics to load...well, like one minute each, not FOREVER!


No comments:

Post a Comment