My Fitness

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Family Fun Night!!!!

The other night while Felipe and I were walking through the grocery store I thought it would be fun to have a "Family Fun Night" where we rent a movie and make pizza and tater-tots and popcorn and soda. We enjoyed ourselves so much I think it's going to become a tradition.

We don't have a TV set up right now so we needed to use one of our computers. We had to go through all three computers before one of them worked properly with the disc. We wanted to watch the movie in the bed and had everything set-up there:
But we had to move to the living room to use the speakers we have out there. I don't know if it was just a bad disc or what. But we enjoyed the movie and the food.

The movie was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Every sci-fi cliche you can think of is in that movie. It was so stupid...and very entertaining. Nothing bad, just ridiculous. Perfectly safe for little Caleb to watch and laugh at. We rented it from one of those new Blockbuster boxes that's like Red Box.

Felipe and I have talked about Family Nights. I really like the idea of coming together one night a week where all we do is have fun and everyone gets to eat their favorite junk food and laugh and play games. This is one area that I think the Mormons got right. They're not perfect, but they are very family-centered and I can appreciate that. I don't think our only focus should be on the family though.

Our main focus should be on Christ Jesus. If it was not for his sacrifice on the cross we could not enjoy God. By acknowledging that Jesus Christ is Lord and God I am saying that I understand that the man Jesus is also God. I am saying that he is Christ, my Messiah, because I am a sinner in need of saving. This saving has only been accomplished through the sacrificial death of Jesus on the cross. I am saying that he is Lord because I acknowledge that only he has the right to govern my actions. By submitting to him I can find fulfillment. I am human and will always remain human. When my physical body dies, my spirit will continue to live forever with God in eternity.

2 comments:

  1. So i googled "calvin and hobbes nursery", because my twin sister is having her first baby, and she wants me to help creating a beautiful room for the baby, and I ran across your blog. I have to say, it makes me smile. Your family is lovely and indeed, you both seem very happy. Seeing it made my evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jamie! I have been busy recently but hope to start updating more regularly soon.

    ReplyDelete