My Fitness

Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowing in Texas?!

Today in our little town things are shutting down because they just don't know what to do about all this snow we suddenly received. It's wonderful!

This is Felipe pretending to throw a snowball at me.

He didn't really throw it. That was our snowman's abdomen. Although, he did throw another little snowball at me. What a flirt!


This is the careful placement of said abdomen...snow-surgery can be very tricky.

This is a picture of our backyard-

Felipe went into our backyard to get some charcoal for the traditional mouth. He's so handsome!

He told me that he made a snow angel on the other side of the fence.

He then did some cosmetic alterations to our snowman's mandible as well as giving him two arms also from the backyard while I gathered the York peppermint patties for the eyes, Felipe's hat and my blue scarf.






And the finished project!



This reminded me James where it says "Let the lowly brother boast in his exaltation, and the rich in his humiliation, because like the flower of the grass he will pass away. For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass, its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits." I know it doesn't mention snow at all, but just the fact that we have built something that is temporary. Here the Bible speaks of the flower perishing, the rich perishing and beauty fading. We have built a snowman who's beauty will not last long. What else on earth have we built for ourselves that will not last long? The snow is pretty and it puts into perspective how trivial most things are. If we aren't doing things for the glory of God and the building up of another, then it will perish. But instead we should set our eyes on things of eternity and not live for selfish pursuits.

I've heard so many people say that they don't understand why Felipe and I spend so much time together. Felipe and I love each other. We don't love each other because how it makes us feel but because of how it makes the other feel. We love God and this love for God is shown by loving God's child, my spouse. By setting my eyes on things of eternity, I can selflessly seek to submit to my husband's needs and requests. What a joy to know that he is doing the same thing in return! I wish this for everyone. Sometimes, I'm not selfless and Felipe picks up where I'm lacking. Sometimes, Felipe is lacking, and I have to work twice as hard. But by remembering Christ and his sacrifice, every one of my sacrifices is put into perspective and life is made simpler. My mind is set at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment