My Fitness

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Must be Genetic!

My father sent me an email today to let me know he came to this blog. He attached a photo of him and my mom on their 30th wedding anniversary cruise:

It's just like the photo from the blog! How sweet is that?

And how sweet is it of my father to send me a sweet little email telling me that he has a sweet picture of him with his love too? So sweet. And one day sweet little Caleb will have picture of him with his little sweetie-wife!

There are so many things that I look forward to sharing with him. Things like learning to walk, ride a bike, what the structure of the nucleus of an atom is, and proper Linnaeus nomenclature; you know, the normal things. (You may think I'm joking about those last two, but if you know me at all, you know I'm not!) I'm very excited to see what his interests are.

I also hope we have a girl someday! -because I have all these cute ideas of things to do with a daughter! Things like dress-up, and tea parties, and tiaras, and crafts...and Felipe won't let me put a tiara on Caleb.

One thing that Felipe and I are adamant about doing with all our babies is not speaking to them like babies. We hear so many young children mispronouncing some of the simplest words and after meeting the parents we realize that the parents are teaching their children "goo goo gaa gaa" speak as if it's proper...because they think it's cute. But it isn't cute. By speaking real language, a child will learn to speak the real language.

One thing Felipe has noticed about me, though, is how excited I get around babies! My voice gets high-pitched and my ability to formulate complete sentences deteriorates. I might sound something like "OOOOOOO!!!! BABY! Look, Felipe, a baby! So cute! o-oo-o, BABY!" to which he replies cooly without looking, "yea, good."

And in other news, I've discovered a new site that will help with nursery decorating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment